Friday 17 February 2017

I Seek to Be

I seek to be,
A leaf on a tree,
A squirrel on a bough,
A beast in the jungle,
A snake in the swamp,
A bird on a branch,
A tree in a forest,
Like a drop in the sea,
Where I'm no different,
From the one beside,

I seek to stay hidden,
While in plain sight,
When none but me,
Knows of my presence,
I seek to go with the flow,
Receiving and embracing gift and blow,

To live in harmony with the soil,
Until I become one with it

Then when death comes,
It will be unceremonious,
As my birth and life,
With no pomp and no show,
Just silence and quietitude,
Like when I was born and when I lived,

And I shall wither with age,
Not disease,
I shall ripen and bend,
Wth a full heart and a fuller life,
Dropping from my tree,
Like leaves in autumn,
Like a candle when extinguished,
My life shall pour smoothly,
Into the holy bowl of death,
Only then shall culminate,
A life that is whole.

Written between 12:45pm and 1:41pm on 17th Feb, 2017 at C504, H13, IIT Bombay

1 comment:

Seine Wörter

Sein Wörter sind ja schön, Aber liebe sie nicht zu sehr, Er sagt wie es ist richtig, Aber es ist nur sein Meinung, Glaub nicht die Wörte...